You spend a third of your day in bed. Because your bed is your closest companion for 8 hours each day, it is important to make it as comfortable as possible. At the end of a busy and tiring day at work, there’s nothing better than climbing into a fluffy bed with soft sheets, plush pillows, and a lovable furry throw. This will be the perfect thing to make a hard day’s work worth it.
There are few things you should do to make your sleep time sanctuary comfortable and inviting:
• Create the perfect sleep time oasis with your sheets. Your sheets will be in direct contact with your body for the entire duration of your sleep time. Keep your sheets nice and fresh by washing them often and drying them well before putting them in the linen closet with sachets of lavender. Make sure your linens are dried well by using a best rated dryer. The lavender sachets will keep them fragrant until its time to use them.
• Try flannel sheets for added warmth. During cold weather, you can add warmth to your bed by using flannel sheets. Flannel sheets have fluffy and soft texture to make your sleep more comfortable.
• Add a layer of softness and support with a memory foam topper. It is a block of memory foam that is two to four inches in thickness that is placed on top of your mattress for added comfort and support. Adding it to your bed will make your sleep more comfortable.
• Use quilted mattress cover. You can keep the memory foam in place by covering it with a quilted mattress cover that will also double as a fluffy cushion. Your bed will offer the utmost comfort with the addition of the memory foam topper and the quilted cover.
• Invest in a down comforter for snug snoozing. There are real down comforters and there are faux down comforters. A real down comforter is made from the plumules and fluffy clusters that are collected from beneath the feathers of ducks and geese. The fill power determines the quality of the down. A real and good down comforter must have a willpower of 600 or more for a warm and cosy sleep during winter.
• Use silk pillowcases. Using silk pillowcases instead of cotton will give the best and softest sleeping experience ever.
Make your bed your real nighttime oasis by adding all the luxuries you can put in it.
Also read: Now You’ve Got the New Bed, What Next for Your Home?
Getting a new bed if yours is already worn out is a great way to reward yourself. You may have been working hard throughout the day that all you may be waiting for is to throw yourself on your bed and get that needed rest. A comfortable bed would make you feel relaxed and keep you well rested, which in turn would give you the energy you need to face another day. In these days where people are busy as bees and their schedules are hectic, it’s very important to go home in a relaxing environment. Aside from getting a new bed, here are other things that you can do to make your home more inviting and tranquil.
Give Attention to the Outdoors
Your outdoors should receive the same attention that you give to your indoors. After all, this is the first thing that you see when you get home from work. A good landscaping would definitely make it more inviting. However, if you don’t have the budget to hire a professional landscape artist, mowing your lawn would do a lot, especially if the grass has already grown. A nicely trimmed lawn would look refreshing and relaxing. Add some flowers and plants and you’re good to go. Don’t have a lawnmower? Well, it’s time to invest in one! If you have a big yard, a riding mower would be your best bet. Don’t worry if you aren’t sure what type to buy. Just look up reviews on the top 10 riding lawn mowers on the internet for recommendations.
Remove Clutter and Organize
A dirty and messy place can be stressful to see. This is not what you want to go home to after a long tiring day. Set a day to do general cleaning with the entire family. The work would be quicker if everyone would help out. Sell, throw or donate things that you no longer need to free up space. Once everything is done, set a regular cleaning schedule so you can keep it clean and organized. Moreover, make it a habit for every family member to clean up immediately after doing an activity so that clutter would be minimized. This would become part of your lifestyle in the long run so it would be easier to stick with it.
Set the Atmosphere
There are various ways on how to set a relaxing atmosphere at home without breaking the bank. One of them is by adding draperies on your windows if you don’t have them yet. Aside from giving a more luxurious feel, you could also easily block light that’s coming from the outside for more privacy and comfort. Other ways to do this is choosing a nice color of paint that’s cool on the eyes, using softer light, lighting candles, setting the right temperature, decorating with flowers and using aromatic fragrance.
Also read: How to Cut a Mattress in Half for Disposal?